- Various replica coin sets from "The Lord of the Rings"
- 7 different sets available (among others, coins from the Shire, Gondor, Mordor etc.)
- Depending on the set, the coins are made from nickel silver, copper, iron or brass using antique machinery
- Weathered by hand for an individual "used look"
- Each set includes a booklet with information on the coins
- Officially licensed product
De omschrijving van dit product is helaas alleen in het Engels. We werken aan de vertaling. Excuses voor het ongemak.
Even though the books and movies about the worlds created by J. R. R. Tolkien
tend to focus on exceptional characters and their daring exploits, the rest of the hobbits, humans, elves and even orcs have regular jobs and worries. After all, somebody has to keep the economy behind the war between good and evil running, right? And since not everybody gets handed a loaf of lembas at every corner, good, old coins are still the only way to acquire groceries.
The The Lord of the Rings Coins
are detailed replicas of the coins used across Middle Earth. You can choose between seven different coin sets
, ranging all the way from the Shire to the distant lands of Harad:
- The Middle Earth Set 1 contains 5 copper, brass and iron coins from Dale, Hollin, Mordor, Rohan and Moria. As a highlight, the coin from Hollin stands out with its distinct leaf shape.
- The Middle Earth Set 2 collects five copper, brass, nickel silver and iron coins from Rivendell, Lake Town, the Shire, Harad and Isengard.
- The Shire Set with four copper coins contains enough cash to buy a 3rd and even a 4th breakfast. After all, breakfast is the most important mela of the day. ;)
- The Gondor Crown is made from nickel silver and shows Isildur and Anárion on one side, whereas on the other side, Aragon aka King Elessar is pictured.
- The Raven Penny from New Dale commemorates Roäc, the intelligent raven chieftain who delivered the news of Smaug's demise to Thorin Oakenshield.
- The Rivendell Moon is made from nickel silver and its crescent shape reflects the elves fondness of extravagant things.
- The Shire Coin Necklace with its three brass and copper coins on a sturdy chain necklace serves as the perfect nest egg you can always carry around. You know, for emergency breakfast supplies and such... ;)
Each coin is made on antique machinery using traditional techniques and afterwards weathered by hand for an individual "used look"
. As a result, the coins look like they have actually been in circulation across Middle Earth for some time. Additionally, each set contains a small booklet with background information
on the coins and the manufacturing process.
Technische detailsMaterial: nickel silver, brass, iron, copper Diameter: 1.1 - 3 cm